You can meet everyone in the blogosphere: leading social media marketers such as Jeremiah Owyang; top journalism teachers such as Jay Rosen and creative programmers such as Yongfook. But try and find a decent group of bloggers posting about Business-to-Business media and you will be disappointed.
First, there are not that many (one on my list isn’t actually a blogger yet) and, second, why are so many B2B media blogs anonymous – of which I do not approve. You just do not find such high levels of anonymity in other parts of journalism so why B2B media?
UPDATED AND REVISED: 31 January 2009
- Paul Conley – As a US-based consultant to B2B media, Conley is a witness to the rapid changes taking place in the sector. I just wish he would write more.
- Adam Tinworth– RBI’s blogging maestro takes you on a great ride through digital with One Man and His Blog. Originator of the word “Hackopalypse”.
- Rory Brown – Incisive Marketing Division’s former MD is a welcome addition to the B2B pool of bloggers.
- Neil Thackray – Reed, the Miller Freeman, then CEO of Quantum and finally Nexus. What more could you want from a B2B blogger.
- Asia Business Media – Paul Woodward of Business Strategies Group in Hong Kong.
- ASPBE National Blog – blogroll of the American Society of Business Publication Editors.
- Harmeek Singh– Publisher based in India and obviously someone who carefully reads and conscientiously comments on blogs. But Singh does not appear to have his own blog – he should!
- Business Media Blog – well written blog focusing on US B2B media but drawing on UK media but an anonymous blog. Not to be confused with…
- Business Media– a blog focusing on UK B2B. Anonymous.
- illiterato – A B2B journalist who covers general business news but can comment really well on B2B media – and should do more of it! Anonymous.
- Private Frazer’s Doomed Magazines – named after the hilarious Dad’s Army character, Private Fraser maps the decline of the magazine sector. Anonymous.
So here’s my list. Have you got any to suggestions?