Three months in and 112 postings, 46 comments and two templates later.
- My hits are approaching 5,000, 178 in one day, and my readers are completely global
- My Technorati ranking stands at 388,404, up from 1.5 million two months ago
- I have had comments made by Jay Rosen, Brian Donohue, Charles Arthur, Martin Stabe, Vuthy, YongFook and Paul Conley
- One posting has been recommended by Jeremiah Owyang through a Twitter
- Comments have come from the US, UK, India and Germany
- Eleven people now subscribe to this blog either through an RSS feed or email alerts
- I have tried widgets by Facebook, LinkedIn, Clustr Map, Flickr, MyBloglog, Zemanta, ustream.tv, Sweetcron, FriendFeed, Feedburner to name just a few
- Forcing yourself to have an idea a day makes you get up to speed with a new sector very quickly
- What a way to network, sitting at your desk, interacting with the world
What comes next?
UPDATE: so what came next – next day actually – was that I put a wordle of Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s conference speech and then made a comment on the Guardian’s site. The result was the most traffic in one day and another 20,000 leap in the Technorati rankings in one day! Roll on.
Five lessons after a month of blogging, click here.